Sunday, February 3, 2013

Midnight Serenade: latin guitar with Indian tablas

Hello world,

Do you guys remember that post "East Meets West with Sucess" I made waaay back in 2011 where I discuss recording tablas to a latin/bossa nova composition of mine?

http://stevehungmusic.blogspot.com/2011/09/east-meets-west-with-sucess.html

Well, I finally got to finishing up the recording of the song 2 weekends ago at House Studios DC. And I can tell you, the song sounds great and I'm very pleased with how it turned out:



On another note, my next album "Guitar Gumbo" is currently being pressed in Oregon as I speak, and I should have physical copies at my doorstep in about a week, just in time for my tour the following weekend down in Tennessee.

I also uploaded another song from the "Guitar Gumbo" album on my youtube channel titled "Back at the Ranch." It's a Chet Atkins / bluesgrass inspired composition:

No comments:

Post a Comment