Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!

Hi, hope everyone had a great holiday! I know I certainly did. All my holiday shows in Dec 2011 were a sucess, and it's great to spread the holiday cheer through music. In support of my holiday album "Fireplace Christmas Tunes," I played holiday shows anywhere between DC and Philly, with the tour finally ending with a highly sucessfully Church Benefit Christmas show in which we were able to raise about $800 for Cambodians living in poverty! Tis the season for giving.

I'm also glad that my album "Fireplace Christmas Tunes" sold well during my shows. I released that album partly because due to the gradually commercialization of the holiday season; there's been a lot of annoying crappy holiday music, mainly from pop artists, all over the radio and shopping malls. I wanted to record a genuine holiday album that evokes the true feeling of Christmas-time, not just going through Christmas tunes by the number.

Coincidentally, my friend Josh Urban also recorded a holiday EP. He's an electric guitar instructor from Southern Maryland. Check out his groovy rendition of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen inspired by his native DC funk/go-go, and his hysterically wacky original Santa is a Communist.

Check out my youtube page if you haven't recently. I've got some live footage from these holiday shows:

Silver Bells @ Carney Assembly of God Church Benefit Show (12-19-11)

So, what does 2012 bring? I'm currently working on my next all original album titled "Gutiar Gumbo," which should be ready in several months. This soulful album features acoustic and semihollow guitars, and although it's rooted in blues and jazz music, the album will be a "gumbo" of various vintage guitar styles ranging from Irish jigs, latin/jazz fusion, mellow and upbeat jazz, and gritty southern Americana music. Preview a few finished tunes here:

Irish Fiddler (Irish jig)
New Orleans Blues- (mellow jazz)
Little Duster- (Chet Atkins inspired country)

No comments:

Post a Comment